Selling your property
Helping You Make The Right Decision
Real Insight, Real Advice
Stone property are a independent boutique estate agency, specialising in the South County Dublin area. We pride ourselves on providing you with honest advice, the truth matters, we are your trusted partner who will help you make better decisions about the sale your property.
Selling Fee : Half of 1% of the sale price
No Sale, No Fee – No Hidden charges
First impressions are the key to selling your property
We say, when you are selling your property, the first impression really matters. A good first impression is the key to selling your property. We can provide you with advice, on how to make your property standout.
Looking for honest advice, call us on 01 901 0294 – we offer a free complimentary, property valuation.
Please see our simple step by step guide – explaining how our selling process works:
1. Step One: Our First Meeting
At our first meeting, you can call into our office or we can meet you at your property, at a time and date that suits you.
We want to understand your requirements and provide you with a free complimentary, professional valuation of your property.
At our first meeting and we will discuss and explain the following:
- Your expectations and preferences.
- Assessment of current market sale value
- Any special conditions you may have
- Advice on how to prepare your property
- Copy of the BER cert, we can organise a BER assessor for you.
2. Step Two: Letter of Instruction
If you are happy to proceed with our service, we will prepare a letter of engagement with covers the details of the sale, the sale price, our fee’s, marketing and any specific requirements you have.
3. Step Three: Instructing your Solicitor
It’s important at this stage to notify your solicitor of your intention to sell. The successful sale of your property is reliant on your solicitor dealing with the legal issues in a timely and efficient manner.
4. Step Four: Precision Marketing
We will push your property hard using precision marketing. The result is, the right buyer at the right price without delay. We will present your property in the best possible light with a wide selection of high quality images with a detailed description the property and the benefits of it’s location.
- We will advertise your property on the Myhome.ie and Daft.ie websites
- We will market of your property via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- We will place a high profile for sale sign placed outside your property (optional)
- We also market your property directly via own website with Google advertising.
- We can also create a virtual video tour which gives a preview to the potential buyer
- We can create a high quality brochure using professional photography showing your property in the best possible light.
5. Step Five: Presenting your Property
We say, when you are selling your house, the first impression really matters.
The moment a potential buyer walks through the front door of your property, their first impression really does matter, a good first impression is key to selling your property. Recent surveys have shown that 84% of buyers agree, that if they get a good first impression, they more likely to buy the property. The smallest of changes can make a huge difference and they can be done at a relatively small cost in proportion to the increase in value.
We can discuss this at our first meeting and provide you with simple advice on how to get your property in the best possible shape.
6. Step Six: Viewings and Offers
We will conduct viewings at a time that suits you, we can work around your schedule and try to conduct viewings with minimal disruption giving you 24 hours advance notice.
When an offer is made, we will call you directly to discuss it. It is your decision whether or not you want to accept an offer. We will be there to advise you on whether it’s a good offer or whether there might be room to negotiate.
7. Step Seven: Sale Agreed
Once you have accepted an offer, your property will go sale agreed. We will then request a booking deposit from the buyer which is normally between 2% – 5% of the purchase price. This booking deposit is fully refundable up until the point of contracts being exchanged. We will then send you and your solicitor a confirmation sale letter which will outline the agreed purchase price, any conditions of sale, this enables the draft contract to be issued to the buyers solicitor. The estimated signing and closing dates will also be agreed at this stage.
The buyer will also need to organise a structural survey of the property and valuation survey carried out by their own Bank.
8. Step Eight: Exchange of Contracts
The exchange of contracts occurs when the following have been confirmed and agreed:
- Preliminary enquiries following receipt of draft contract.
- Evidence of good title.
- Specific issues highlighted in the Lease, if applicable.
- Local search queries.
- Fixtures and fittings to be included in the sale.
- The buyers mortgage offer.
A binding 10% deposit less the booking fee is then paid to your solicitor when the contracts are exchanged. Once a suitable completion date is agreed and both parties have signed the contract, the remaining 90% of the funds will be transferred to solicitor
Throughout this period, which could take between 6 – 8 weeks, it is a good idea to keep in regular contact with your solicitor to ensure any queries are being handled efficiently.
Areas we cover
| Blackrock | Booterstown |Bray |Cabinteely | Carrickmines | Dalkey |Deansgrange | Dun Laoghaire |Dublin 4 | Foxrock | Glasthule | Glenageary | Greystones| Killiney |Leopardstown | Mount Merrion | Sandycove | Sandyford | Shankill | Stepaside | Stillorgan |